Tuesday, December 29, 2009

US citizens, help elect a Navajo for AZ Secretary of State

I just sent a few bucks to this guy:

December 29, 2009


Dear Friend,
I am writing to you as the first ever Native American to formally explore a run for statewide office in Arizona.  In our way, I am Todichiini (Bitter Water People) and born for Deschiini (Start of the Red Streak People). 
I am exploring a run for Secretary of State because I believe our state needs to change more than its leaders at the Capitol; Arizona needs to change its direction.
There are only three days left until the filing deadline of midnight on December 31st and I need your help.
As a State Representative from Northern Arizona I have been saddened and angered by the unreasonable minds who have taken our state backwards in education and in providing basic social services to vulnerable families.
But we know that real change never comes from just one candidate or just one person, it comes when people of all backgrounds are engaged in the political process.  If I am Secretary of State, encouraging that involvement will be my mission.  
Please help our effort right now with a contribution of $20, $50, $100 or whatever you can afford and visit our website where you can read more and sign up to volunteer.  That web address iswww.descheneforarizona.com.
Á’shoo’dí, shí’ká’a’doo’ja. (I respectfully ask for your help)


Sincerely,


Chris Deschene
State Representative, District 2

PS – We know that nothing will get better at the capitol if we simply leave it alone.  Please support our effort and help change Arizona’s direction for the better. 
Requirements for donating:
I confirm that the following statements are true and accurate.
I am a United States citizen or a permanent resident alien.
This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
I am not a federal contractor.
I am at least eighteen years old.