Friday, January 29, 2010

JON STEWART SLAMS CHRIS MATTHEWS



Wyatt Cenac's bit in the middle is great.

I hadn't known much about Matthews before. Now I think he's interesting, as confused old white liberals go. In the '60s, he did the Peace Corps in Swaziland. He admires Saul Alinsky. When Obama and Clinton were competing, he got a lot of flak for saying the truth about Clinton: "I'll be brutal, the reason she's a U.S. senator, the reason she's a candidate for president, the reason she may be a front-runner is her husband messed around. That's how she got to be senator from New York. We keep forgetting it. She didn't win there on her merit." He's been a longtime Obama supporter; during the campaign, he said, "I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often." Conservatives got all over his ass and NBC's for bias because of that.

On the other hand, at Matthews Rips Dem Congressman: 'You're Pandering to the Netroots' he sounds like a typical clueless old liberal.