Wednesday, January 26, 2011

tweeting with Adam Baldwin

It's the State of the Union, which I'm not watching, but I am reading twitter and retweeting faves, when I get the urge to tweet and write:

willshetterly
Who needs to tweet when you've got good people to retweet?

willshetterly
It's fun watching SOTU being livetweeted when I'm not watching it. 'Cause I know exactly what's being said, 'cause Obama is just Obama.

And then this appears:

QuesterMark
It's fun having @willshetterly and @adamsbaldwin on my twitter feed. Kind of like a tug of war.

So, without a clue who adamsbaldwin is, I type in response:

willshetterly
Cool! I'm going to follow @adamsbaldwin until my head explodes now.

I get off one more tweet:

willshetterly
Kids, can you say corporatocracy? I knew you could. Corporations and countries have presidents. Why shouldn't they be merged?

And this shows up:

adamsbaldwin
U like class warfare?

willshetterly
I hate class warfare. That's why, depending on your pov, I'm a christian or a commie or something anticapitalist.

adamsbaldwin
Make up your mind, and get back to us.

willshetterly
Dude, it's your pov. "Anticapitalist" is the big umbrella; the rest is just quibbling over details.

adamsbaldwin
Who owns the money (private property) you work for/earn?

willshetterly
Oh, you could also call me a hippie or a Native American: private property is a social fiction.

adamsbaldwin
Who taught you that?

willshetterly
Jesus, Buddha, Moses, Marx, Einstein... How long a list do you want?

Around this time, I get curious about who he is, so I check his profile and tweet:

willshetterly
P.S. Though we're on opposite sides politically, I love your acting.

adamsbaldwin
U believe Jesus teaches that Caesar owns the fruits of your labor?

And then he makes this general tweet, referring to something Obama said about North Korea:

adamsbaldwin
NoKo "Keep promises"? Sure, cause commies don't lie, right? ~ #SOTU

willshetterly
What, you think capitalists don't lie?

adamsbaldwin
What, you think caveat emptor should be abandoned for "nanny statists know best"?

willshetterly
Dude, I want small government as much or more than you do. I just look at what plutocracies give us & am not happy.

adamsbaldwin
U evaded the question: Do U believe Jesus teaches that the fruits of your labor belong to Caesar?

willshetterly
Hell, I think Jesus evaded the question. Everything belongs to God. Nothing belongs to Caesar. Pay your taxes anyway.

adamsbaldwin
What percentage do U believe is a fair percentage for all people to pay to Caesar?

willshetterly
Jesus said people should pay what Caesar asked.

willshetterly
Gotta go have dinner. It's been fun, & I do love yr acting. Ciao for now!

adamsbaldwin
Peace, hippie!

Which made me grin. I don't like his politics, but I think I like the guy.