Sunday, March 20, 2011

pimpage: Midnight Girl is now $2.99 at the Kindle store

I lowered the price of the Kindle version of Midnight Girl to match what I plan for its other ebook formats:



Since I'm pimping myself, here are the reviews from Amazon:


1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:
4.0 out of 5 stars Cool indy YA book.February 13, 2010
By 
D. Walls "kcuf cancer!" (Chico, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)   
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Midnight Girl (Kindle Edition)
First book length reading on my new Kindle. I think this is supposed to be Young Adult novel but I thought it worked just fine for a 44 year old dude. Basically the story of a young girl who finds out on her 14th birthday that she is a wee bit different than all the other kids out there. I won't tell you how, exactly, she is different, cause that would be a spoiler.

Pretty much everything in the book has been done before, especially with the current popularity of `urban fantasy' and `contemporary fantasy', but Shetterly ties it all up in a fun and easy to read package. The characters are appealing and well drawn and the story pulls you right along.

Not sure how long it is cause the Kindle doesn't do page numbers, but the paperback version says it's 168 pages. I read it in an afternoon. Looks like Mr. Shetterly is self publishing it, even though he is a fairly established author and has been writing for a couple decades now. Support an indy author and give it a shot! The Kindle version is a bargain at $3.95.

And no problems at all with formatting or anything on the Kindle. It read just fine.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No

5.0 out of 5 stars Uncommonly goodApril 27, 2010
By 
R (Sunnyvale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Midnight Girl (Kindle Edition)
This seems better than most of the YA vampire novels out now. It had tough, dramatic choices, vivid setting, and FUN character interaction. Vampirism has conflicts and drawbacks that make it more believable, more like real life.

It's so good, I could scarcely put it down. In contrast, I can't bring myself to finish most vampire novels.

I keep wondering why a bigger publisher didn't back this book. This link has some of the story behind this book
[...]

The conflicts are more intense than most YA, but this is a good thing. The book is PG, attraction but no dating. Maybe publishers didn't pick it up because almost nothing happens in high school. Still, the main character seems believable as a 14 year old, even though much of the dialog is about life/death decisions.

It's so above average, it boggles my mind. Then again, I'm more into action than romance. I guess publishers assume YA vampire readers are more into romance.
Help other customers find the most helpful reviews 
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No