Why kids might know her:
But Emma and I know her 'cause she was the queen of rockabilly:
Today was our last day at the fair, and that was a fine show for it.
Food consumed and recommended:
- Cream puffs.
- French fries from the Fresh French Fries stand.
- A "doubles" from Harry Singh's: chickpeas and roti, nom!
- Leininkugel's lemon shandy
- Cheese curds from the "original" curds booth, which may have improved, 'cause we thought they were as good as the Mouth Trap's, which was certainly not the case fifteen years ago.
- Minne-apple pie with cinnamon ice cream. I thought the ice cream was a little too sweet, but Emma liked it. The pie was very good, but not so good that we'll definitely have it next year.
- Coffee from Farmer's Union.
- Emma had more all-the-milk-you-can-drink; I had more honey lemonade.
Mostly, it was a very nice, lazy day. But we've done five days at the fair; I think we'll be content with three or four henceforth.