Thursday, August 28, 2014

All I care to say about Anita Sarkeesian, the tl;dr

The tl;dr: Everyone should be treated with respect, but the social justice community has a Munchausen syndrome problem, so we should always question their claims, especially when those claims add to their fame and their bank account.

The longer version: All I care to say about Anita Sarkeesian

ETA: I italicized the first part of the first sentence for people who read too quickly. As for the second part, learning to question may be life's most important lesson. If you question your opponents, question your allies too. Ashley Todd and Meg Lanker-Simons had very different politics, but in both cases, it was right to want some proof from them.

ETA 2: Well, if I did want to say something more about Anita Sarkeesian

ETA 3: Hmm. And if I said more about Anita Sarkeesian, I would cite this.