Monday, April 10, 2017

A farewell to politics on this blog

One of my favorite pieces of advice is Rilke's "You must change your life." It's always true, but it's harder to do with every day that passes.

So I'm changing my blog instead.

Because my definition of politics is quirky, I can't guarantee there won't be anything after this that you would consider politics. I have always loved Robin Williams' definition:
Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning "many" and "tics" meaning "bloodsucking creatures".
The true origin:
from Greek politikos, from politēs ‘citizen,’ from polis ‘city.’
Its roots remind me of those of civility:
from Latin civilitas, from civilis ‘relating to citizens’ (see civil). In early use the term denoted the state of being a citizen and hence good citizenship or orderly behavior. The sense ‘politeness’ arose in the mid 16th century.
If I address anything after this on this blog that seems particularly political, I'll do it in art. If I can't do it in art, I'll indulge in a rant at my retitled blog that had focused on identitarianism, Engaging Justice.