- Men complaining about women
- Women complaining about men
- Old people complaining about young folk
- Young people complaining about old folk
- White people complaining about black folk
- Black people complaining about white folk
- Trans people complaining about cis folk
- Cis people complaining about trans folk
- Fans of one kind of art complaining about fans of other kinds of art
- And anything else in which anyone with no power is declared to have the wrong opinion.
I do want to know about people doing great things for people, because I love people who do great things for people.
And I want to know about powerful people doing bad things, because I want to do whatever I can to stop powerful people from doing bad things.
But the one bad thing I can stop right now is participating in outrage culture. So I'm opting out. If you tweet about a kerfuffle, I'd appreciate a kerfuffle warning of some sort. If you don't, I'll forgive you, but odds are good that if you keep doing it, I'll quit following you, no matter how much I love you.
The best advice St. Peter and Malcolm X ever gave was "Respect everyone." That doesn't leave any room for outrage culture, but it leaves all the room you need to work to make a better world.